Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Evolution

The power of belief always astounds me. The majority of americans (in a recent poll) don't believe in evolution. Now I'm all for believing in a higher power, but to dismiss scientific fact because it doesn't fit in? Just to get all Bill Hicks for a moment - what about the Dinosaurs?


You believe the world's 12 thousand years old? "That's right." Okay I got one
word to ask you, a one word question, ready? "Uh huh." Dinosaurs. You know the
world's 12 thousand years old and dinosaurs existed, they existed in that time,
you'd think it would have been mentioned in the fucking Bible at some point.
"And lo Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by
a giant brontosaurus...with a splinter in his paw. And O the disciples did run a
shriekin': 'What a big fucking lizard, Lord!' But Jesus was unafraid and he took
the splinter from the brontosaurus's paw and the big lizard became his friend.
"Dinosaur fossils? God put those
there to test our faith." Thank God I'm strapped in right now here man. I think
God put you here to test my faith, Dude. You believe that? "Uh huh." Does that
trouble anyone here? The idea that God.. might be...fuckin' with our heads? I
have trouble sleeping with that knowledge. Some prankster God running around:
"Hu hu ho. We will see who believes in me now, ha HA."


If we teach 'Intelligent design' because we argue that evolution is a theory, then I think that we should teach 'unintelligent design'. The theory that we were all created by when an alsatian living in an interstellar caravan.

Gets me angry................

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?